Roundguard is a modern and fun game with amazing artwork and pinball physics
September 14, 2021
iiRcade Inc., a premium arcade machine that allows players of all ages to play their favorite retro and modern games in arcade style at home, is pleased to announce that Roundguard, officially licensed and developed by Wonderbelly Games , coming soon to iiRcade.
Roundguard is an inflatable dungeon crawler with pinball physics, lots of loot, and a random castle full of eccentrics. Players face off against hordes of dangerously cute monsters and challenging roguelike elements in this bouncy adventure.
“Roundguard is a modern and fun game with amazing artwork and pinball physics,” said Jong Shin, founder and CEO of iiRcade. “The game is great fun and we are very happy to bring it to the iiRcade.”
The game is set with Castle Springbottom under attack and the Roundguard must save the king and recover his gold. Players only have one life, so they’ll need to learn how to navigate dangers, make strategic choices, and master their hero’s skills if they hope to defeat the final boss.
- Bouncy Fun: Intuitive physics-based pinball gameplay like no other dungeon robot.
- Multiple Classes: Play as the warrior, thief, or wizard, each with their own unique skills, items, and cheeky sense of humor.
- Random Dungeon: Each time you play, levels are procedurally generated, and quest events and elite monsters are placed at random.
- Permanent Death With Benefits: When you die, you’ll have a chance to bring a special trinket with you on your next race. The more gold you collect, the better your chances of collecting one of the more powerful trinkets.
- A Troop of Weirdos: Chat with the colorful castle troop to take quests and learn why some rats want their king dead, what irritates the local teenage skeleton today, or what the warrior will do if you can’t get to the bathroom fairly quickly.
- Lots of Loot: Over 100 items and trinkets, each with effects that present strategic choices and combo possibilities.
- Show your skills: take part in leaderboards and try to master all difficult and binding relics.
Previously released on Apple Arcade, Steam, Switch, Xbox One, and PS4, this will be the first time Roundguard has been available on a home arcade machine.
iiRcade enables cinematic arcade gaming experiences through a 19-inch high-definition screen, 100W dual stereo speakers, premium arcade controllers, and gaming-optimized hardware and software. iiRcade also incorporates the latest features, such as WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.2 and HDMI output, which provide arcade experiences for today’s gamers.
Each iiRcade comes with 11 preloaded games: Dragon’s Lair, Double Dragon, Gunbird, Beach Buggy Racing, BombSquad (online multiplayer board game), Snowboard Championship, Diver Boy, Dragon Master, Maniac Square, Twin Brats and Fancy World.
All games are officially licensed and available at affordable prices, and new titles are continually being added to the growing library of the iiRcade store. The iiRcade store can be accessed on phones or through a browser on PC or Mac via the iiRcade store link.
A full list of games currently licensed and slated for release on the iiRcade Store can be found here.
iiRcade is available in six versions and comes with a one-year best-in-class warranty. Versions include: iiRcade Classic Edition, Space Ace Edition, and Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure Edition come with 64GB storage memory and iiRcade premium classic joysticks, while four special editions include enhanced storage memory 128 GB and original Sanwa joysticks. Special Editions include RetroMania Wrestling Edition, Dragon’s Lair Edition, and Black Edition, which allow users to design their own cabinet graphics and come with officially licensed Double Dragon artwork that can be placed on the cabinet as a free gift.
For more information and to order iiRcade, visit iiRcade.com.
iiRcade is a premium arcade gaming experience like no other. Play retro arcade games that you remember from the latest modern games in amazing arcade style. With cinematic gaming experiences powered by a 19-inch high-density screen, 100W of powerful stereo sound, premium 2-player arcade controllers and a device optimized for the best arcade gaming experiences, iiRcade offers arcade games so immersive you will feel like you are inside the game.
Wonderbelly Games is an independent Seattle-based games studio comprised of Andrea Roberts, Bob Roberts, and Kurt Loidl. It’s a small team of close friends who worked on big AAA games: Bob led the design team on Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War, while Kurt and Andrea worked on the Fable series and more at Microsoft. Now, they follow their heart and stomach to create games that you can binge on or savor one bite at a time.
Share the article on social media or by email: