Here is the news of board games (and related to board games!) That caught our attention for the week ending June 11, 2021.
- The new version of Pandasaurus Brew is delayed due to delays at the LA port, pushing back the release date of a highly anticipated game “indefinitely”.
- If you are a War hammer fan, Games workshop is looking for “magnificent armies, stunning models and awesome hobbies” to include in their posts.
- The long-rumored “reimplementation” of Fantasy Flight Battlestar Galactica the game finally seems to take place with the announcement of Unfathomable, a new game that uses BSGmechanics in the Arkham Horror universe.
- Marvel Villainous: Malice & Malice, the first sequel to Marvel villain, is now available for pre-order, exclusively from Target.
- Wyrd announced Song of the Wanderers, which places players on a haunted train who must cooperate to escape. The game is slated for release in the fall.
- Wizards on the Coast announced the resumption of the internationalization of Dungeons & Dragons and will begin publishing the game in French, Italian, German and Spanish, with more languages to come later.
- Related D&D news, the original manuscript of Deities and Demigods, written by James Ward, is auctioned on eBay.
- Renegade takes preorders for Hunger, where players are vampires trying to collect the best everlasting roses. The game for 1 to 6 players is expected to be released in September. They also take pre-orders for Paladins of the Western Kingdom: City of Crowns, which should also be released in the fall.
- The Zombie Princess and the Enchanted Mazee is a “light undeath game” coming soon to Wizkids. In the game, players try to be the first to escape an ever-changing maze.
- Marvel is developing an official Marvel Mutilverse tabletop role-playing game, released next year. Based on a new “D616” system, the game is developed by former GeekDad Matt Forbeck.
- Régé-Jean Page, one of the stars of Bridgerton, will be in the next one Dungeons & Dragons movie in an undisclosed role.
- Portal Games announced that Dune: House of Secrets, which is based on Detective series, will be released on October 15 during Essen Spiel.
- Red Raven Games is taking preorders for Now or never, Following Near and far. The game is slated for release in the fourth quarter of this year. Above and below, the original game in the series, is our featured image this week.
- French football star Antoine Griezmann is now official ambassador of Yu Gi Oh.
- 9th Level Games partners with Restoration Games to develop an RPG based on Return to the Dark Tower.
Here’s what we looked at this week:
What we play
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads have been playing this week:
- Did james play Doodle Dungeon.
- Jonathan Liu played Kitchen Rush, Genotype, No Escape, Destinies, Kroma, Space Kraken, and Suburbs.
- Robin Brooks played Warhammer Underworlds: Direchasm, and Tear of God.
- Michael Pistiolas played Marvel champions.
- Michael Knight played Clear out and A company of heroes.
- Z. played Dungeons & Dragons: Ghosts of Saltmarsh.