FF7 Remake, originally for the PlayStation 4, has received an upgraded version for the PlayStation 5 called “Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade”. This page explains how to upgrade the PS4 version of FF7 Remake to the PS5 version – for free!
FF7 Remake intergrade release date
The Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade upgrade will be released on June 10, 2021 exclusively for the PS5 (for now).
How to upgrade FF7 Remake to PS5 Intergrade
If you already own Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4, you can upgrade to Intergrade for free on PS5, with a few caveats.
- If you have a physical copy of FF7 Remake for the PS4 but a digital edition of the PS5, you will not be able to get the free upgrade. You will need to purchase Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade for $ 69.99
- If you own FF7 Remake on PS4 through PS Plus, but never purchased it directly, you will not be eligible for the free upgrade.
With that in mind, here’s how to upgrade your PS4 version of FF7 Remake to the PS5 version:
- Visit the Final Fantasy 7 Remake page on PlayStation Store by searching for it.
- Find the “FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Upgrade for PS4 Version Owners” add-on to download and install
- Alternatively, if you’ve already downloaded the PS4 version, you can:
- First, when you are on the FF7 Remake thumbnail, press the Options button and then “Manage game content”
- If not, press the “Play Game” button, select the three dots, then “View Product” to upgrade.
- To switch between the PS4 and PS5 versions of FF7 Remake, choose the three dots and select the version you want to play.
- If that doesn’t work, press Options while the cursor is over the FF7 Remake (PS4 version) thumbnail and “Check for update”.
Remember that while you can upgrade to FF7 Remake Intergrade for free on PS5, you will then need to purchase the exclusive Intergrade EPISODE INTERmission Yuffie DLC separately for $ 19.99. New Intergrade purchases for the PS5 come with EPISODE INTERmission included.
Regardless of how you need to access FF7 Remake Intergrade, you can transfer your PS4 save data to the PS4 version.
About FF7 Remake Intergrade and EPISODE INTERmission DLC
FF7 Remake Intergrade is simply the upgraded PS5 version of FF7 Remake.
The INTERmission DLC EPISODE with Yuffie Kisaragi is a standalone episode, which will need to be purchased separately if you upgrade a previously purchased PS4 version of FF7 Remake to Intergrade on the PS5.
This new DLC will be exclusive to the PS5 version of FF7 Remake for at least six months and includes the new character, Yuffie, on a mission to infiltrate Midgar and steal the “Ultimate Materia” and also includes “new combat and gameplay additions. ”