[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource Games Press.]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
London, UK (November 2, 2021) – Editor and table creator Modiphius Entertainment today unveils its latest project, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® – The Adventure Game. This new solo / co-op adventure and exploration game (up to four players) invites budding adventurers to return to the frozen lands of Skyrim. Take up arms against dragons, Daedra, trolls and many other miserable creatures to help ordinary people get some extra sleep at night as you fight for glory. It’s a dangerous time, so a group brave enough to go head first into danger are better off supporting each other. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The adventure game will arrive in summer 2022 and is currently taking pre-orders through Gamefound. So don this wheel of Eidar cheese and don some Norse armor – there is a kingdom that must be saved!
In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The Adventure Game, the players are surviving members of the Blades, a legendary group that has long protected the Tamriel Empire, and must unite to thwart a plot to eradicate them all!
In the world of The Old scrolls, choose from one of Tamriel’s races: North, Dunmer, Imperial, Altmer, Khajiit, or Orsimer. Equip your character with a wide variety of weapons, spells and armor. Make your way through the fortresses of Skyrim to places like Riften, Solitude, Falkreath, and Whiterun. Try a huge range of evolving quests that change the game with every decision, explore the wilderness and meet NPCs. Fight against dangerous enemies like Draugr, Frostbite Spiders, Daedra and Dwemer Constructs in the ancient ruins and tombs of Skyrim. Gain incredible experience and treasures, upgrade and enchant your gear, upgrade your character, and play through six chapters of two massive campaigns in this endlessly replayable board game.
Your quests will take you through Skyrim – sometimes in short side adventures, others in connected storylines that change with your choices and with your successes or failures! Get powerful weapons, armor and spells, incredible treasure, experience points and, of course, followers. But beware ! If you ignore the growing threat across Skyrim, fortresses may fall and you will be faced with increasingly dangerous crises.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The adventure game contains two major narrative campaigns, each consisting of three chapters. Each chapter can change based on your choices, going through your own quests in the main storyline or getting together for key events and exploring dungeons together. Save your character progress at the end of a chapter, or even in the middle of the game, and start over where you left off the next time you play.
“Skyrim is one of the most iconic video games of all time, ”said Chris Birch, CCO and co-founder of Modiphius Entertainment. “This made it possible to create a board game based on Skyrim, with all its depth of storytelling, a truly exciting challenge. We dove quietly into the story of Skyrim over the past 3 years while we were working on it in secret, and there is no doubt in my mind that Ancient scrolls fans and board game enthusiasts will love the result.
Main features of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The adventure game:
- The Little Faces of Tamriel: Choose from one of six lavishly detailed plastic miniatures based on iconic Elder Scrolls races like the Khajiit, High Elves, and Nords as an in-game avatar (with more options in the Dawnguard expansion) )
- Compatible with Call to arms: Fearsome enemies like Dragons, Daedra, and Trolls will be available as miniature upgrades and will be scaled to be compatible with those of Modiphius. The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms miniatures game – which means they can be used in this game and vice versa
- Standing Equipment: What adventure doesn’t involve a bit of a scavenger hunt? Players can find many ancient weapons, armor, and artifacts that increase their power as you upgrade or enchant your gear to customize your abilities.
- Gather your group: Go it alone or bring up to three other players on a journey to explore the secrets of Skyrim that could save its people from some doom
- Skills, swords and spells: Whether it’s a large ax, bow, or spells, players will be able to tailor their fighting style to their liking, matching their choices with a variety of skill upgrades that will give them advantages. in different quests
- And back again: With each chapter offering around 90 to 120 minutes of main quests, a straightforward first game for side quests or exploration should last around 12 hours. Still, thanks to a plethora of story choices, character options, and playstyles, there are practically hundreds of hours of content to be discovered in the following parts.
- Familiar Friends and Foes: The base box includes the characters Nord, Dunmer, Imperial, Altmer, Khajiit and Orsimer and their pre-assembled 32mm scale miniatures
Dovahkiin eager to get his hands on it The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The adventure game can pre-order through Gamefound when the project launches on 11/2/2021 with delivery slated for summer 2022. Additionally, Modiphius will be releasing a free sample of the game on Table simulator soon.
More information about Modiphius Entertainment is available on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and the official website: https://www.modiphius.net.
About Modiphius Entertainment
Modiphius is a UK entertainment publisher who works with global creative talents to develop unique creative properties. We publish role playing games, board games, action figures, novels, cool props and more. Our goal is to inspire those who read, play or encounter our work with stories of heroism, adventure and courage.
As well as our own IP: Achtung! Cthulhu, Modiphius has also released other important properties under license from Star Trek Adventures role play, Fallout Wasteland Warfare war game, and Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms miniature games, the Kung Fu Panda cooperative board game, and the next one Dune: Adventures in the Imperium Roleplay.
About Bethesda Softworks
Bethesda Softworks, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is a global publisher of interactive entertainment software. Titles featured under the Bethesda label include blockbuster franchises like The Elder Scrolls®, Fallout®, DOOM®, QUAKE®, Wolfenstein®, Dishonored®, The Evil Within ™, Prey®, RAGE®, DEATHLOOP ™, Redfall ™, Ghostwire ™: Tokyo and Starfield ™. For more information on Bethesda Softworks products, visit www.bethesda.net.
Ted Brockwood, Brendan Quinn