Final Fantasy XIVThe semi-regular Moogle Treasure Trove event is back with The Hunt for Verity. This series of events allows new and old players to obtain certain items, with 1 brand new accessory also offered to those who participate. In our Final Fantasy XIV Moogle Treasure Trove – The Hunt for Verity Event Guide, we will cover how to get event tokens and what you can spend them on.
Verity Search Event Basics
Unlike the typical events of Final Fantasy XIV, Moogle Treasure Trove events do not require you to take quests to participate. Instead, you’ll earn Event Tokens – known as Irregular Tomestones of Truth – by doing existing multiplayer content. In the Assignment Finder, content that gives Irregular Tomestones is marked with a Moogle icon, with the indicated amount shown in the rewards section.
Any content marked with this icon will yield Irregular Tomestones, with an overall limit of 100 marked tasks per day. Tasks must be completed with Level Sync enabled (the default with no additional options selected in the Task Finder) and without the aid of AI companions through Adventurer Squads or Service Support.
The Hunt for the Truth – Assignments awarding Irregular Tomestones
- The Praetorium – 7 Tomestones
- The Guardian of the Lake – 4 Tomestones
- The Lost City of Amdapor – 4 Tomestones
- Haukke Manor (Hard) – 4 Tomestones
- Castrum Meridianum – 4 Tomestones
- The Vale of Aurum – 4 Tomestones
- Dzemael Darkhold – 3 Tomestones
- The Monastery of Orbonne – 7 Tomestones
- Ridorana Lighthouse – 6 Tomestones
- The Royal City of Rabanastre – 5 Tomestones
All 3 raids of 24 men in the “Return to Ivalice” questline drop Irregular Truth Tomestones. These can be unlocked by heading to NPC Keiten at X:12.2 Y:12.3 in Kugane. You’ll need to own Stormblood (included in later expansions like Endwalker) and complete the expansion’s main story before this NPC becomes available.
- Onsal Hakair (Danshig Naadam)
- Fields of Glory (Shatter)
- Seal Rock (Seize)
- The Ruins of Borderland (secured)
All PvP modes give 3 Tomestones of Verity for 3rd or 2nd place, and 5 for 1st place
- La Porta Decumana – 3 Tomestones
- The Cloud Deck – 2 Tomestones
- Castrum Marinum – 2 Tomestones
- Cinder Drift – 2 Tomestones
The Cloud Deck, Castrum Marinum, and Cinder Drift are all part of the “Werlyt’s Sorrow” questline. This questline is unlocked after completing the main Shadowbringers Patch 5.2 story quest “Old Enemies, New Threats”.
Raids at 8
These 8-man raids are part of the Omega questline, which requires owning the Stormblood expansion (or any later expansion). After completing the main story in Stormblood, you can start the “Hunting Omega” quest by talking to Wedge in Rhalgr’s Reach at X: 12.6, Y: 12.3. All of these raids give 2 Tomestones of Verity each, which is a nice bonus if you’re going through this side story for the first time.
The Hunt for Verity – Best Ways to Farm Irregular Verity Tomestones
There are several ways to earn Tomestones of Verity, depending on whether you only want them or want additional rewards along the way.
To strictly farm Tomestones, Aurum Vale is the way to go. A tank and 3 blue mages can be finished in about 5 minutes (usually less with a coordinated group). The tank can grab all mobs, with each blue mage taking turns casting Ram’s Voice and then Ultravibration (this combo instantly kills non-boss enemies). For bosses, use Missile (this deals damage equal to half the target’s remaining HP). Follow this for the entire dungeon, with a combo of Moon Flute, Whistle, and Final Sting on the final boss when he has about a quarter health left.
If you haven’t unlocked Blue Mage yet, the only requirement is completion of the base story of A Realm Reborn. Once this is completed, the Blue Mage unlock quest “Out of the Blue” can be started through the NPC Zealous Yellowjacket in the lower decks of Limsa Lominsa at X: 9.8, Y: 11.0. All of the spells listed above are a key part of Blue Mage’s toolkit and are worth getting for content even when The Hunt for Verity is complete.
If you still need experience to level up, Main Scenario Roulette and the Frontline Daily Challenge are the way to go. All tasks in these two dailies will drop Tomestones of Verity, as well as a boatload of XP. Additionally, you will also get Poetics for the main storyline, or PvP EXP and Wolf Marks for Frontline.
The Hunt for the Truth – What Rewards to Aim For
Tomestones of Verity can be exchanged for items through Itinerant Moogles, found at:
- Lower decks Limsa Lominsa X: 9.4, Y: 11.6
- New Gridania X: 12.4, Y: 12.1
- Ul’dah, No Nald X: 9.6, Y: 9.1
Of the rewards, only the Demon Brick Earring (costing 100 Tomestones) is unique to this event and will likely not be available later. As for the non-unique items, there are a few that are both hard to get normally and fetch a fair amount of Gil from the market:
- The eScape Orchestrion Roll only drops from the Sigmascape V3.0 raid, and at a very low rate. Normally requires possession of Stormblood.
- Wind-up Elvaan is a rare minion in Eureka Pyros, content that has its own leveling system. Normally requires possession of Stormblood.
- The Ufiti mount is normally earned through Skybuilders Scrips, obtained in the Firmament of Ishgard. Getting this during The Hunt for Verity will save a lot of work (and Gil).
That’s it for our Truth Hunt event guide – check out more FFXIV guides below!