Happy Thursday, people of Catonsville! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening locally today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A little snow in the morning; colder. Top: 36 Bottom: 14.
Here are today’s top 3 stories in Catonsville:
- Baltimore County Police are asking for our community’s help in solving the January 17 shooting. A woman was found with gunshot wounds at 3000 Block of Rockdale Terr. and was rushed to an area hospital. Metro Crime Stoppers of Maryland is offering a reward of up to $2,000 for information leading to an arrest and charges related to the shooting. (Press Release Office)
- Maryland health officials have filed their latest hospital capacity rates with the federal government. Baltimore County hospital capacity rates are included in these numbers and are broken down by specific hospital. Figures for occupied hospital beds sometimes exceed 100%, but that’s because more than one patient sometimes occupies a bed in a week. Click to view Catonsville Hospital specific capacity rates. (Catonsville patch)
- Baltimore County officials have held a town hall meeting to hear our community’s concerns about crime and discuss possible solutions. The town hall was prompted due to a record number of homicides in 2021. County leaders say it is part of a larger national problem. (wmar2news.com)
From our sponsor:
Hey Catonsville, are you looking at buy a house, refinance or just explore your options? Check out the new Patch Mortgage Center for all your home financing needs!
Today in Catonville:
- Moonpunk: tabletop role-playing games and direct action At the Baltimore County Virtual Public Library (6:00 p.m.)
- Job Seekers: Prepare Your Elevator Pitch At the Baltimore County Virtual Public Library (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The Catonsville Chamber of Commerce reminds the community of the personal income tax changes in the State of Maryland. Click to learn more about the updated timeline. (Facebook)
- The Baltimore County Public Library celebrated the life of Andre Leon Talley. (Baltimore County Public Library)
- The Baltimore County government reported a attempted robbery resulting in an injured victim. (Baltimore County Government)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Catonsville Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
That’s all for today. See you soon!
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and editor with a degree in media, culture and communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, managing editor and editorial director for various B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and manages content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.